About General Studies
- Design your degree in partnership with your academic advisor
- Take classes on campus, at a distance, or both
- Apply credits from other accredited colleges and universities
- Earn credit for military service and CLEP/DANTES examinations
Flexibility for you:
- Allows you to apply for and pursue advanced degrees in a variety of fields
- Helps you advance in your job and increase your earnings
- Builds your confidence and fills you with a sense of accomplishment
- Enables you to be a role model for your children
Benefits to you:
"The BGS degree program allowed me to take classes online and through distance learning to accommodate my work, school and family schedule. It also gave me the flexibility to take a mixture of classes better suited to the direction I wanted to head in my career. This kind of flexibility along with incredibly helpful staff members enabled me to move more easily into a graduate program to continue my education and further my career aspirations. I am grateful to have been a part of this particular program and I would recommend it to any type of returning college student."
- Laura, Indianapolis
If you would like to arrange an appointment with a General Studies advisor, call (317) 278-7600.
To contact a General Studies Advisor, click here.
NEW! Click here for a brief orientation video of Online Interactive Academic Advising. Be sure to have your speakers or headphones on so you can hear the advisor.
For a General Studies Brochure, click here.