Graduation is a special accomplishment for every student and the General Studies program joins our students in celebrating this milestone. Planning for graduation does not end with completing that last credit hour.
IUPUI celebrates Commencement May of every year. The date for Commencement 2014 is May 11, 2014 in the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Are you ready to graduate?
Submitting the graduation application, ordering cap, gown and invitations, and verifying the printed name for the diploma are all important aspects of preparing for graduation.
- All students planning to graduate must submit a graduation application. (The General Studies graduation application link is available at the end of this page).
NOTE: Deadlines vary depending on your expected graduation date. Make sure you apply for graduation by the appropriate deadline
- August 1 for December graduation
- December 1 for May graduation
- February 1 for August graduation
- In late February, the Alumni Office sends Commencement information to students who have submitted a graduation application by the appropriate deadline (see above). The card includes web links to order cap, gown and invitations as well as contact information for the Commencement Office. After March 1, students can also visit the Commencement website (http://alumni.iupui.edu/commencement/2013/) for all Commencement ceremony information that includes ordering cap, gown, invitations; times and locations for ceremonies, etc.
- The name on the student's official university record will be printed on the diploma. If a student wishes a different name printed, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Office of the Registrar, Campus Center, 2nd level; telephone: 317.274.1519.
- All communication from the General Studies Degree Program office is sent to the student's university e-mail address. If students do not use their university e-mail or do not know how to access their university e-mail, they must contact the university's technology helpline at 317.274.HELP or online at http://uits.iu.edu/.
The School of Liberal Arts Post Commencement Ceremony
COMMENCEMENT 2014 – Sunday, May 11, 2014. More information will be available February 2014.
Where: Indiana Convention Center
The General Studies Degree Program invites graduating students and their guests to the School of Liberal Arts School Ceremony which will follow the university ceremony. Academic apparel is worn by all graduates participating in the School Ceremony. For information pertaining to the University Commencement ceremony, visit the Commencement website: http://alumni.iupui.edu/ in February 2014 or call the Commencement Hot Line 317.278.1700 or 1.866.267.3104.
If you or your guests require a sign language interpreter or have a physical disability and need special accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317.278.7600 after March 1, 2014.
DiplomasDiplomas are not presented during commencement ceremonies. After degrees are awarded, graduates will receive an e-mail (sent to university e-mail addresses only) with details on how to receive their diploma. The approximate printing/delivery schedule for diplomas is:
- December graduates: mid-April
- May graduates: mid-July
- August graduates: mid-November