The General Studies program is designed to meet the needs of adult learners. In fact, virtually all of the General Studies students at IUPUI are 21 years old or older with significant work, previous college credits, and life experience.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Documented significant work and life experience
- Desire to complete a flexible interdisciplinary degree program
- Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or have been out of college for at least one year
Deadlines to submit an admission application when GPA is below 2.0:
- Fall – July 1st
- Spring – November 15th
- Summer – March 30th
How to ApplyAdmission to the General Studies degree program is by application only. Current course work of students whose admission has been approved on or prior to the campus pass/fail deadline will be considered course work taken after admission to the degree program.
- If you are attending Indiana University for the first time, you will complete the NEW student application.
- If you have been admitted to Indiana University previously and not been enrolled for two years or more, you will complete the Returning Student Application.
- If you are a current student at IUPUI, you will complete the Current IU student application.
New student: Fall – July 1st; Spring – November 15th; Summer – March 30th
Returning Student: Fall – August 1st; Spring – December 15th; Summer – April 30th
Current Student: Fall – September 5th ; Spring – January 25th; Summer – May 20th
Applications may be completed online (APPLY NOW) or request an application be mailed by calling 317.278.7600.